Friday 23 August 2013

Technic - High Lights Highlighter

Shell-pink shimmery liquid highlighter by Technic

This highlighter is known around the blogosphere for being a dupe of the well-loved Benefit High Beam, with pretty much replica packaging, and similar product, High Lights is definitely worth trying for its miniscule £3 price tag.

I bought this highlighter a couple of months ago now, when I was starting out with makeup and had just fallen out with a powder highlighter (though there are many that I do love). I had intended to buy Benefit’s High Beam highlighter due to all the positive hype surrounding it… but an amazon gift card and a bit of researching later and I fell in love with High Lights highlighter and bought it. For £3 I thought I could not go wrong, and to this day I don’t think I did.

The packaging mirrors Benefit’s High Beam completely, from the size and shape of the bottle (a cylindrical nail polish looking bottle) to the font and the same Italicism of the second word. There is an applicator brush on the inside of the lid (again a bit like a nail polish)… I was disappointed because mine actually came unglued and fell out the first time I opened it, so I have had to apply it by holding the top of that brush with my fingers and applying it, which can get a little messy. This may not happen with any other though; it may just be down to my carelessness and excitement of using the product for the first time, but for £3 I was not expecting the packaging to be anything out-of-this-world.
Brushed on - unblended

Application-wise, it applies smoothly and can be brushed on with the applicator brush and blended in with your finger or another brush. A little of this product goes a long way and you only need a small dot of it in one area for your desired look, as it is very shimmery and highly pigmented. However, it does dry quickly and if you dot it in one area and leave it for a couple of minutes it will have semi dried there so it needs to be blended in pretty quick. It is however, a really lovely light pink, almost shell colour and looks wonderful under the eyebrow and on top of the cheekbones, helping with contouring the face.

Overall, although it is only a 12ml bottle (full-size) you only need a small amount of it at a time and mine has lasted a couple of months so far without me having made a dint in it. It lasts a good 5 hours, is very highly pigmented and is generally a beautiful product from application to finish. The only negatives I have found are the poor quality packaging (but what do you expect for £3), its tendency to dry before I have blended it in and it can look a little OTT if you put too much on, because it is quite shimmery. It is great quality for its price and I would definitely buy it again.

This  highlighter costs around £3 and can be found on amazon and ebay.

Quality: 
Presentation:
Value: 



No comments:

Post a Comment