Friday 23 August 2013

NARS - Blush in 'Orgasm'

Coral pink blush with gold shimmer - 'Orgasm' by NARS

I am a big NARS fan… to me, their products symbolise luxury and every time I buy one I feel like I own a little piece of that luxury… obviously this is not the reason I actually buy their products – I buy them because I think they are excellent quality, their packaging is flawless (albeit easily dirtied… but then easily cleaned) and the names of their blush’s (especially this one) are so fabulously naughty!

I started off my NARS collection two or so months ago, with this very blush! I bought it off asos; after reading many a review on this and other similar shades. I had never found a blush that suited my skin tone before, they had either looked too orange, too dark, too bright pink… but when I saw the swatches of it, with that cheeky hint of golden sparkle that complemented the coral pink of the blush itself, I knew it would suit… and it did.
Swatch

As a shade, Orgasm can be worn all year round as it just gives a flush of colour to the cheeks to create a natural healthy glow. Out of all the many shades in the NARS blush range, this one has to be my HG blush, as it is for many other beauty bloggers. That is partly because it such a beautiful shade, that looks beautiful on any skin tone. It is easily buildable for a more intense colour and easily blendable to look like a natural blush; the sought after qualities of a blush. It is a lightweight powder that is highly pigmented, smooth to apply and stays all day. As it is highly pigmented, sometimes it can be quite bright if you build it up too much, though this is easily corrected.
After 2/3 months use

Packaging-wise, it is in the signature sleek sophisticated black compact that is so very NARS. The full-size is the perfect size and would be easy to take in your handbag on days out, travel bag for nights out or travel makeup bag for holidays.


Overall, it is an all-year-round blush, suitable for all skin tones to give a healthy glow or if built up, a more intense glamorous shimmery look. The packaging is very NARS; very sophisticated, and there is a lot of product; having lasted me 2 months of everyday use so far with no sign of it running out anytime soon. The price is high, but so is the quality. An easily workable, blendable, long-lasting and highly pigmented product that ticks all the boxes of a perfect blush. The price tag is high but it is the kind of price I expect from a more high-end brand like NARS. Even though I cannot help but rave about this product, I would think twice about buying it again, purely because of the price, though I won’t run out of it anytime soon so I have got plenty of time to decide.

This  blusher  costs £21.50 and can be found on asos, in Space.nk and John Lewis.

Quality: 
Presentation:
Value: 



No comments:

Post a Comment