Wednesday 18 September 2013

L'oreal Paris Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Micellar Solution

Gentle 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution

As I tend to wear makeup that I find quite difficult to remove, I am always on the hunt for an effective but gentle makeup remover. I tend to take my makeup off late at night when I am tired (not a good idea) and so I want my makeup to come off as quickly and as smoothly as possible, and this is the perfect product for just that.

I first tried Micellar solutions a couple of months ago, when I purchased the Bioderma Sensibo and Sebium micelle solutions… these moderately impressed me but not enough for a repurchase. After using them though, I knew that I wanted to find a makeup remover that felt ‘as gentle as water’ on my skin like they did. So, whilst looking for another Micellar solution, I found this L’oreal Skin Perfection one, and I will repurchase this again and again as it really works for on my skin, as it is so and is just the perfect product for my sensitive combination skin type.

The packaging of this product is quite pretty, with its long white lid and shiny pink label - fitting the general colour scheme of the new Skin Perfect range, (which I really want to try some more of the products from; namely the Magic Touch Instant Blur). I personally find the bottle is not great as it just has a hole in the lid to pour the liquid out of and I find that a lot of excess liquid comes out when I pour it onto a cotton bud. I am down to less than half a bottle within 2 and a half weeks of buying it because twice the amount I want to use comes out every time I use it. Though this could probably be solved quite easily and next time I buy it I will just pour it into a different bottle before I start using it.

I find this product is great at getting rid of my makeup, it feels soft and gentle on my skin and ‘feels as gentle as water’ and I use this every night. However, its claim of unclogging your pores hasn’t happened for me, not noticeably anyway, but it does ‘soothe and tone’ my skin as it also claims as it is such a gentle product.

Overall, I love this product, just not the packaging… it just needs a nozzle that doesn’t let the product spill out double as much as I want to use. For my skin type (sensitive and combination) it works perfectly, but as everyone has different skin types and different reactions to products I couldn’t say whether it would work as well on anybody else’s. I tend to try samples of skin related products to see how they feel and work on my skin rather than basing my purchases on reviews of how products have worked for other people. I will repurchase this as at £3.33 to £5 (there have recently been offers on the Skin Perfection range in Boots and Superdrug) I think it is well worth buying, though I will be pouring mine into another bottle next time so that I don’t lose half of it unnecessarily.

This product can be found in Superdrug and Boots for between £3.33 to £4.99.

Quality:
Presentation:
Value: 


No comments:

Post a Comment